Testimonies

Mission 1:27 exists to assist the body of Christ in fulfilling our God-given mandate to care "for the least of these." Join us as we "visit orphans...in their affliction" and support those who are called by God's grace into the miracle of adoption.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Heart Surgery: We All Need It!

Celebrating the successful closing of little Zachary's hole in his heart! My great friend and Mission 1:27 co-founder Alison Maat, is home with 5 year old Zach and he is doing well. When he awoke after surgery the first thing he wanted to know was where his truck was(one of the gifts he received for being brave)! Oh, to be five again:) Praise God for this precious little life. I mentioned to my husband as we were walking out of the hospital that, had the Maat family not trusted God in adopting Zachary, he would likely still be living in a desolate orphanage in Russia. He has added so much to their family dynamic and they have provided the loving family that he so desperately needed. Adoption is a wonderful picture of God's plan for us. Each of us is lost in this world until we are adopted into the family of God. We love you Zachary!

....and, then, there is spiritual heart surgery.......

God has been gradually repairing the brokenness of my own heart. This weekend I attended a woman's retreat based on the book, Captivating, by John and Stasi Eldredge. God has been calling me to live from my whole heart. I've been living from only a portion of my heart for many, many years. The other portion I've kept "safely" locked behind the walls I have built to protect myself from being hurt. In so doing, I have isolated myself from relationships. A few weeks ago I shared with Alison that I felt God was calling me to share my story. It is a final step in my healing process and will hopefully help others see the chains that bind them and help set them free. Alison and I feel particularly called to share the message of healing hearts through small group studies and retreats. If you know me, you know I am not a public speaker. If I continue believing the lies satan tells me about myself I never will step out and allow God to use my story in powerful ways for His Kingdom. The Holy Spirit is able to accomplish anything through a softened heart......Praise Him........He is above all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS CAN BE SENT TO:

Mission 1:27 300 South State Street Suite 10 Zeeland, MI. 49464

100% of your gift goes to help with the orphan crisis

Mission 1:27 is a not for profit organization recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, whose purpose is to glorify God by providing financial assistance to Christian families.